Friday 1 March 2013

Graphic Novel in progress!


After lots of research, sketchbook ideas and pattern designing based on the Native American theme, I have started the final production of my first graphic novel for my final major project at uni! :D

Here's a bit of an insight into my process:

It all starts with rather rough and scruffy thumbnails in my sketchbook to plan
out compositions and layouts of the various frames
I start drawing out the design on Photoshop, adding rough guideline
sketches to help visualise the overall composition

Sometimes during final production I will alter the layout to another idea
in my sketchbook I preferred. In this image I decided to split up the original panel
frame at the bottom into two
Apply a bit of texture (Emily Style ;) ) and voila!
Now just to get on with adding the characters to the other 27 pages..

*This is going to be a rather long project...*

No comments:

Post a Comment