Saturday 2 November 2013

Creative update!

I've been living here in the North East for more than a month now and loving my new job in greetings card design! Here are a few updates on what I've been up to recently:


My first attempt at foiling and 'flittering':



Watercolour flowers inspired by 50s floral textile designs for everyday cards:


My messy desk at work

Chalk pastel bunny for a get well card (one of my favourite designs so far as I got to draw a cute animal!) :



Getting used to the foiling technique with Christmas 2014 designs:



Collage with fabric and paper to later arrange on Photoshop:




In my spare time I've also been making lots of jewellery! 

Since designing some feather-inspired pendants for my University FMP project, jewellery making has continued to become a bit of a hobby for me, and I've had fun creating various brooches, pendants and earrings. Hopefully some will be well-recieved as Christmas presents for people!





On a slightly random note…
Look at this adorable mini-cactus my sister Karis got me!




I made a porcelain plant pot for it (see previous post) a couple of weeks ago at a pottery workshop when she told me she'd got me one, but it's so mini I think the pot I made will be too big!

My pot is still waiting to be glazed at the moment but I'll be posting an image of it when it comes back from Cone 10 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment